In search of more balance in your day-to-day? Consider yoga and yoga apps.
Including the practice in your wellness routine can offer a slew of benefits to the mind and body, such as stress relief, preventing joint pain and stiffness, and improving flexibility, balance, and mental clarity and focus. It could even help with weight loss, research suggests.
And there's no easier way to build a practice that fits your lifestyle than with a yoga app that allows you to practice anywhere, anytime.
More From Women's Health
Just like there are many yoga studios IRL, there are also *lots* of yoga app options. Sure, you could endlessly scroll. But I did the downward dog work for you. This list of the best yoga apps for iOS and Android devices is based on overall rankings, number of reviews, and fan feedback. (Some have hundreds of thousands of positive reviews!)
The best part: All of these yoga apps are free to download and try. But be warned, a few require you to purchase a membership once the free trial period ends. (Fees range from about $4 to $23 a month and an average of about $10 a month.)
Ahead, the top-rated yoga apps available in Apple iTunes and the Google Play store right now—in descending order from most stars to least. Grab your yoga mat and say om with the best yoga app for your practice!
Note: We averaged the star ratings from Google Play and the Apple Store and combined the number of reviews to get these stats.
Get Our All/Out Studio App Free For 30 Days: Visit alloutstudio.com, click “Start Free Trial,” create an account, select "monthly subscription," and enter the coupon code FREE30. Then download All Out Studio on iOS, Android, or Apple TV and use the same login credentials to access unlimited workouts.
1. Best Yoga App For Learning New Flows: Down Dog
Price: $7.99 per month or $49.99 per year
Average rating: 4.9 stars
Number of reviews: 559K
With this yoga app, you'll never repeat a class, since it can configure more than 300,000 different workouts. The music changes dynamically to be in sync with your breath for each class.
- Reviewer rave: "I like how I can customize the practice options. Length, focus on a body part or function, type of music, speed, instructor, and more. As a beginner, I love the reminders for breathing sprinkled in, as well as reminders to adjust the posture so you are getting it correct."
2. Best Yoga App For Personalized Yoga Programs: Glo (Formerly YogaGlo)
Price: $22.99 per month
Average rating: 4.9 stars
Number of reviews: 29.5K
One of the top-ranked yoga apps on the Apple App Store, Glo offers more than 4,000 classes led by star yogis like Kathryn Budig. Whether you're looking for a beginner's yoga class or a meditation session, you'll find an option on this app.
The preferences are super customizable, too–you can also filter based on time of day, style, level, and duration. Or, it'll create a program for you based on your yoga goals. Want to finally nail that headstand? Feel what it's like to fly in crow pose for the first time? This is the app for that.
- Reviewer rave: "There is such a wealth of knowledge, intention, customization, and variation in types of yogic practices, as well as professionally trained teachers. I have been using [Glo] for about four years now and am very pleased with the app for my iPhone or iPad. I seriously cannot recommend this app and program enough."
3. Best Yoga App For Creating A Regular Habit: Daily Yoga
Price: $9.99 per month
Average rating: 4.8 stars
Number of reviews: 248K
If your goal is to become more consistent with your practice, the Daily Yoga app can help you with over 500 flows and 70 yoga programs. For newbies, the app offers a two-week program just for beginners to learn the basics. If you're advanced, there are plenty of options for you, too. The app also has a community platform feature where you can connect with other yogis and experts.
- Reviewer rave: "I've always been interested in yoga but never really knew what to do. They have a test you can do before you start to see how flexible and strong you are, and then they base the workouts off of that. All around a great app! And I feel so much better and less tense or stressed."
4. Best Yoga App For Spirituality: Gaia
Price: $11.99 per month
Average rating: 4.8 stars
Number of reviews: 134K
If you want to seriously zen out, then the Gaia yoga app is for you. It focuses on merging mindfulness and spirituality with the physical yoga practice. Although, even if that's not your thing, you're still bound to find a video that you like since Gaia's video library includes over 8,000 workouts.
- Reviewer rave: "The content is always getting better and better, and I love knowing that I have this wealth of quality, mind-expanding information at the touch of a button."
5. Best Yoga App For Newbies: Yoga For Beginners
Price: $2.99 per month
Average rating: 4.7 stars
Number of reviews: 111K
If you've been yoga curious for a while, but have yet to roll out a yoga mat for the first time, here's an affordable option to get started. This app offers hand-crafted and beginner-friendly yoga workouts that aren't too challenging. Other features include soothing voice guidance to help you power through the moves and integration with Apple Health.
Reviewer rave: "This is my favorite yoga app! It’s just the right amount of intensity for a beginner. Also there is a good variety of different yoga routines to try. I love the easy to follow illustrations, calming music, calming voice overs, and easy to read and memorize names for poses."
6. Best Yoga App For An In-Studio Experience At Home: Alo Moves
Price: $20 per month
Average rating: 4.65 stars
Number of reviews: 27K
If you're looking for a true yoga studio experience, then Alo Moves is for you. The app has a library of over 2,500 classes and more added weekly. It offers yoga, meditation, sound baths, and other types of fitness too, such as Pilates or HIIT.
- Reviewer rave: "Amazed at how many classes are available and I love how there are so many "series" so you don't need to be that overwhelmed when picking out which class to do. The quality of the videos and the instruction is top notch, I feel very worked after each session. Minimal to no equipment required, which makes it great for home workouts anywhere at any time! Strongly considering purchasing the app after this trial period!"
7. Best Yoga App For Those Who Like A Challenge: Asana Rebel
Price: $9.99 per month
Average rating: 4.6 stars
Number of reviews: 128.8K
With nearly 70,000 reviews on Apple App Store, alone, Asana Rebel is one of the most-popular and top-rated yoga apps out there. Plus, it offers way more than yoga, with guided meditations, high-intensity workouts, plus other weekly challenges and content within the app to help you add more healthy habits to your routine.
- Reviewer rave: "I’ve been doing yoga regularly for a few months now, and I’ve never had such a motivating, smooth, and exhausting, but enjoyable, workout. I felt like they did an amazing job of structuring truly full workouts into the yoga sessions, and this could easily be the only app one uses to stay fit."
8. Best Yoga App For Busy People: 5 Minute Yoga
Price: $10 for unlimited access
Average rating: 4.5 stars
Number of reviews: 20K
This app makes it possible to squeeze in a solid flow—even if you only have a handful of minutes to spare. Each class consists of five postures, which you do for one minute each. The app uses a timer to count down each asana so you can stay in the moment without checking your watch.
- Reviewer rave: "Wonderful quick way to get your practice in everyday, even if you "don't have time" highly recommend!"